Friday, May 15, 2009

An Ode



To Interlibrary Loan:

Because you give me any book
My heart could dare desire
Because you don't ask why my life
Would one such book require

Because my every whim you grant
And always very quick
I needn't even leave my chair
It's processed with one click

Because you give me access free
To every subject matter
I write to you this ode of praise
To thank and dote and flatter

I want the world to know the joy
You've brought into my life
That maybe they will seek your aid
Whilst in literary strife

6 comments:

Bakes. said...

fantastic.

Unknown said...

I'm a little concerned that you have been spending too much time at the library. But I love your poem, nonetheless.

Mom said...

Completely apropos for a librarian. Is that your title now?

Amber said...

Um. AMAZING!

Bill said...

Odium to a Library

You generously lend to all
But never give away.
Plus, I think it's rude to make
Your later returners pay.

You're never at a loss for words
Though silence is your tone.
You're filled with good ideas,
Though none of them your own.

You might brag that you keep your place
Quite neat and orderly.
But I suspect you've got
A nasty case of OCD.

So I'll stop by and visit
When I really have to study.
But don't read too much into it:
I'll never be your buddy!

IngridLola said...

bored at work? love it.