Thursday, June 11, 2009

7 Day Itch

For the last week or so I have had a mad itch to clean something, to organize something, to glue something to another something in a sorry attempt at an art project. I feel this compelling need to do or create something that will somehow dramatically increase the organizational and aesthetic quality of a space. A need. Unfortunately, everything I can think of dramatically reorganizing is in my apartment where I will only be for another two months. Thus it seems useless to take on a project there--to lose all of the benefit in two months?! I can't even deep clean anything because I am going out of town for a week and can't stand the thought of scrubbing on my knees only to leave it for my roommates to enjoy and soil. So you can see that I have a problem here.

Now I have tried to fix this. I have reorganized all of the drawers at work, I bought a little tiny adorable day planner to micro-organize my day in, I've been making my bed every morning, I even bought a new dress today--which usually solves everything. But to no avail, I itch on. Raar.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Create something that you can use to organize things, that is also portable, so you can take it with you when you leave your apartment. Go to DI and find some ugly wooden thing with compartments (think old tool caddy) that you can sand and paint and decorate. Then put it in your kitchen or at your desk. Or just get a block of wood 3 or 4 inches tall, find someone with a drill, and drill different size holes in it. You can then decorate it and put pens, pencils, highlighters, sharpies, lollipops, pixie sticks, etc in the holes and keep it wherever these things are frequently used. Or plant a flower in a small pot that you can put in your windowsill wherever you may be.

I'm thinking of you fondly as I indulge in DC and Hershey's.

alphanumerritt said...

Indulge the nerd in you. Give your laptop files a thorough cleaning. Trash old files, pics, programs, etc. Defrag your hard disc. Review your internet options. Delete old emails. Change your screen save and desktop. Break your glasses then tape them back together. ;-)

Mom said...

COME HOME! The garage attic needs organization! The pantries need a loving, guiding hand! Sam's and Brandon's memory books have yet to be started--a fresh new project! The kitchen cupboards beg a thorough emptying, ordering and purifying! Don't let this urge die!