Saturday, November 7, 2009

The American Way

There are times in life when you just have to stop and appreciate the ridiculous conveniences that surround us. Sometimes it's when I get a freakish craving for french fries at two in the morning; today it's the wonders of late night grocery shopping. It turns out that I much prefer this kind of shopping. There are no crowds. There are good parking spots and available carts with non-squeaky wheels. I can compare brands for as long as I like without feeling someone breathe down my neck or hearing the impatient tapping of toes. I can stop in the middle of the aisle to review my list and stand on my cart. I can even stare confusedly at the frozen meats for as long as I want without feeling slightly embarrassed. It's actually relaxing. Grocery stores frequently stress me out, but not at 1am. At 1am I just breeze up and down those aisles, sometimes even singing along to the grocery store radio. Thank you America.

No comments: