Friday, August 28, 2009

Urban Spoon

I love to eat. I love to eat out. I love to eat out at delicious food establishments. That is why, my friends, I love Urban Spoon. My now favorite friend Camille introduced me to this magical site at work the other day and I am addicted. I have more than once attempted a google search to find new/well-reviewed restaurants (I'm not cool enough to have an i-phone with fancy restaurant apps), and let me tell you, it has never ended well. Compound that with the fact that I have recently decided that I must branch out from my usual restaurant rut and discover new and original restaurants--I have spent too long chain-frequenting and succumbing to the mass-production-profit-greedy man!

So, back to the point. My problems have been solved--or at least quelled somewhat. Urban Spoon is a website where users in various cities rate local restaurants and/or write reviews. My favorite part is that the reviews are organized by genre so it's easy to find whatever kind of food you're craving. Although I should say that there are some restaurants listed which don't need or deserve to be renewed (Wendy's, really? Do we need to review Wendy's?), but it's nevertheless a great way to find the best in your city. So, all of you get on there and get reviewing so that I can find more yummy restaurants! Get eating!

[NOTE: I don't mean to brag, but I just want you to know that I take secret and great satisfaction when I click that little abc check button on the top of my post box and it brings up a little green message that says: No misspellings found. It makes me feel independent of machines.]

5 comments:

Julie Wilding said...

You are totally independent of machines, except for me. That doesn't make sense.

Unknown said...

I agree. Other than fast-food lunches with the kids we have basically stopped eating at chain restaurants. I'll have to go on and rate my Phoenix favorites. I like to watch shows like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Man v. Food to find the hidden gems in every city as well. Happy eating!

Bakes. said...

perfect. i suspect we will be checking out urban spoon roughly around 7 45 every single saturday until next semester...

Amber said...

Mmmm... I guess Olive Garden's out huh?
Oh and one time, you used the word 'renewed' instead of 'reviewed.' I guess spell checker didn't catch that one.

Ha ha ha. And I'm kidding. I love you!

Emma said...

I can't believe you use the spell-checker. tisk tisk.