Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New Blogger

Well, I have finally succumbed to all of the pressures inflicted upon me by friends and family and started a blog. It turns out I already had one, courtesy of my brother Zach, so all this undertaking really involved was changing a few colors, uploading a picture, and of course bearing a little of my soul for the masses of the internet (out of which something like two individuals are likely to ever even see this). I suppose 1:30 in the morning is as good a time as any to venture into the world of cyber-prose, but it doesn't seem to be lending itself very well to producing anything particularly interesting to say.

This is posted to my family website, so I guess a bit of an introduction or brief history would be pertinent--for those who stumbled upon this and haven't seen me since I was a baby or something. I am currently a student at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, a mere forty-five minutes from my parent's house in Salt Lake. I am majoring in Comparative Literature (lit in Spanish and English) and minoring in Spanish--an undertaking that seems to be going well so far. It turns out that with literature if you talk long enough and throw in a couple of big and impressive sounding words you can earn an A, since apparently there is "really no right answer", great literature allows for personal and unique interpretations. Luckily for me, this happens to be my specialty. My dad used to tell me my favorite subjects were those in which the right answer is a matter of opinion--he was right.

I've liked most of the classes I have taken so far, though some have been more enjoyable than others. I unfortunately didn't exactly excel in the sciences. My physical science professor didn't really appreciate my own interpretation of relativity and wasn't interested in hearing why I thought that neither A nor B were in fact the right answer. Needless to say I'm sticking with the lit major.

My night owl roomate has just gone to bed which I take as a sign that I really shouldn't be up. So, in the interest of my health and for the benefit of my morning professors tomorrow I will call it a night. I'll try to get better at this blogging thing.

1 comment:

DT said...

ha ha i am not a night owl